Fitting Instructions: How to tag your sheep
Secure the animal's head to prevent jerking and continue as follows:
1. Start with the EID tag. It is to be applied in the left ear if possible. Separate the male part from the female.
2. Place the male part firmly on the applicator pin.
3. Push the female part under the tongue into the jaw of the applicator. Make sure the parts line up correctly on the applicator and will lock together when correctly fitted.
5. Place the male part of the tag on to the back of the ear with the female to the inner ear. The tip of the male part should be in the centre of the ear, between the ridges of cartilage avoiding any obvious veins. Squeeze the applicator firmly together.
6. Rotate the tag to the right and the left to ensure free movement.
Repeat procedure with the visual tag in the other ear. Ensure that the visual tag bears the same number as the primary tag.